The Sector Episode 26: Women Moving Millions Broadcast on 31-Oct-2014
The Sector Episode 26: Women Moving Millions – We have an interview with Jacki Zehner of Women Moving Millions. Nonprofit news including the Gay mayor of Houston, Annise Parker, flooded with bibles, and the UBC AMS reaches quorum for the first time in nearly 40 years as students oppose tuition hike.
Pitch of the Week: Global Fund for Women
- Women Moving Millions and the campaign #AllinforHer
- Bible mailing to lesbian mayor of Houston
- UBC AMS reaches quorum for first time in 40 years
- AMS opposes international student tuition hike
Special Event: Facebook Event / Meetup Event
Federal cabinet ministers have called registered charities criminal organizations and terrorist organizations and the government has set aside $13 million for stepped up audits of charity activities by Canada Revenue Agency. This panel explores the effects on charities and their ability to pursue their societal Missions, the “best practices” that charities can pursue to minimize their risk of losing their charitable status, and the implications for society and democracy of the government’s actions. The panel will include a charity lawyer and a researcher whose thesis jump-started a national conversation on these issues. There will be time for questions.
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM: Networking and snacks
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Presentation
- 7:00 – 7:30 PM: Q&A and Wrap
- 7:45 – 9:30 PM: Post-event social!
Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!