Episode 3 of The Sector
This week we have an interview with Vanessa Chase, nonprofit consultant and author of the Story-telling nonprofit. We also discuss the previous week’s Big Question on overhead. We also dive into the recent news of the Portland Hotel Society and spending issues of the organization which resulted in the resignation of it’s leadership. We also get Vanessa’s Pitch of the Week and a new Big Question of the Week.
- The way we think about charity is dead wrong (Dan Pallotta TED talk)
- “The Overhead Myth”
- “Portland Hotel Society audit reveals limos, cruises, luxury hotels”
- “Portland Hotel Society had little oversight, ex-director says”
- Portland Hotel Society Audit
- “The Portland Hotel Society should be defended”
- Vanessa Chase – The Story Telling Nonprofit
The Pitch of the Week : Women Against Violence Against Women
(where we ask our guest for a quick elevator pitch of their charity of choice)
The Big Question of the Week : Should public health and safety trump personal liberty?
Should smoking in public places be against the law? Should you be required to wear a bike helmet? Should vaccines be mandatory?
Participate in the Big Question: